I always cringe a bit when I see topics like this, because I really don’t care about meeting authors or even book characters. I chalk part of that up to the fact that I have social anxiety so I don’t really love meeting new people in general. It takes me a while to warm up to new people and feel comfortable enough to speak to them, so the idea of trying to meet specific authors/characters is not so motivating for me. I find it interesting to see so many of the vloggers I follow talking about meeting their favourite authors and chatting with them, but I know that if I were in a similar situation, I would have no clue what to say! I decided to look back through my blog and see if I’d ever done a similar topic in the past, and came across this post from 2018 about authors I’d want to meet. Unfortunately for me, the majority of the authors I’d pick would be exactly the same as that list! Instead, I decided to shift the focus a bit and choose some characters that I might be interested in meeting instead. Even though these people are not real and there’s absolutely no need for me to figure out what I’d say to them, I’m still not sure I’m especially interested in meeting anyone! I’m actually sure I’ve mentioned many of these characters already in topics about characters I’d want as siblings, friends, etc. but I didn’t want to dig too much for all of those posts. There are characters I love to read about and that I think I might get along with, so I guess that’s the closest equivalent.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
1) Jo March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
2) Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3) Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
4) Linus Baker (but really everyone) from The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
5) Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
6) Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
7) Pepper from Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
8) Zachary Ezra Rawlins from The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
9) Alex and Henry from Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
10) The Baudelaire siblings from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket